Clarisonic Mia Review: One Month Update

Hi everyone! I'm back with my second update on the Clarisonic Mia. I meant to have this up before the holidays, but the holidays took over and soon after I went on vacation. We have a lot of material to cover so let's get right into it!

Clarisonic Mia Pink


I took the following photos just after using the Mia for a month. To get a better idea of the progression I've made with Mia, checkout my two week review here.

I established a set of guidelines to evaluate the Mia with my comments below on how the gadget worked for me. Seeing that this is the 1 month review, I've adjust the ratings to reflect my confidence in the product after 1 month use. The 3 months, and 6 months will become available as the time comes.

1. Effectiveness at removing makeup - The residue makeup that remains on my face, the less random zits will pop up.

I am going to reconfirm here that the Mia does an excellent job at removing makeup and makeuup residue. I must use Mia if I put makeup on that day so I can go to sleep knowing I've done what I can to clean my skin. I no longer get annoying random zits above my brows. I'm happy to bump up my rating for this criteria to 9.5/10!

2. Cleanliness of skin immediately after use.

As good as it was the first time I talked about it. 10/10!


3. Cleaniness of skin maintained with regular use - I have an oily t-zone where zits are most likely to appear. I hope the use of Clarisonic will vastly improve these areas and reduce acne problems.

My t-zone are the most troubled areas of my skin. Buildups that lead to acne breakup are prone to happen in these areas nine out of tne times. I've also noticed that my skin goes through periods of very little to no breakouts and then it goes back to breaking out in the same areas. Nonetheless, I've seen further improvements in said areas which I'll go over in detail below.

 [left to right] This is my forehead by the way and apologies for the bad lighting on the photo to the left. That one was taken at the two week mark.  I've tried to make sure it is the same area on my forehead each time I take these photos so I can give you a decent comparison. Look closely to the photo on the left and you can see there are more visible bumps and red spots than the one on the right that cover a larger area. The visible bumps and red specks in the photo on the area are less and cover a smaller area. To me, this is an obvious improvement. I mean I'd prefer, like, maybe one 1 bump that's barely noticeable, but I definitely can accept these results after using Mia for a month.

Clarisonic Mia Skin ImprovementsClarisonic Mia Skin Improvements
[left to right] Once again, photo on the left was taken at the two week mark. Once again, poor lighting. Week two photos are all like that... :( The red patch on my cheek is still there, but it's even less notifceable now in the photo on the right. I purposely circled that area in case there's any confusion cause it look so light. Definitely a good thing though.

Clarisonic Mia Skin ImprovementsClarisonic Mia Skin Improvements
[left to right] And comes the most troubled area of troubled areas, above my chin! These two photos look almost identical. I had to go back to my photos folder to triple check and make sure they are indeed from week two and one month. There's no mistake here so this is simply barely noticeable improvement in the area. I feel in person, in front of the mirror that there are some slight improvements, but it's simply not enough to make a statetman on here so I'll leave it as what it is.

I'm going to give a small boost to my previous rating of 7.5/10 to 8/10. It's awesome that my forehead has less and less breakouts and that the area on my cheek and above my chin are contained. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for further improvements by the three months review.

5. Noticeably better absorption of facial products - I see the Clarisonic as an investment for my skin. I am saving money over time if I don't need as much product for the same results.

There no doubt that by now I can confirm better absorption of not only makeup, but facial moisturizers and I love that.  I'm adjusting my rating of this category from 6/10 to 8/10. 

I talked about the Mia's design flaws in my two weeks post and I've made some discovery where I think makes up for one of the flaws that was talked about. I complained that there was no visual indicator for when the gadget is low on batteries and if you didn't keep track of when it needs to charged, you could very well be forced to go one day without using it. I found that the Mia does provide indication via brush head pulses. At the end of the pre-timed one minute sessions, the Mia will pulse 1, 2 or 3 times before completely stopping. When that happens, you know it is low on batteries. The more time it pulses before shutting off, the lower the battery is getting.  If you use it until it is completely out of juice, the machine will need to be charged for at least 24 hours until the green light is solid.

In summary, Mia was one of my top 2012 skincare purchases and if things continue as it has, the Mia is steady making its way to my Perfect 10! list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Love it! Live it! Makeup Reviews © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects