O.C.C. Liptars Review feat. Hush, Memento and Marion

Lips, lips and more lips! This post is all about my favorite O.C.C. liptar neutrals, Hush, Memento, and Marion. As I mentioned before here, I've long sought after the perfect rosy neutral and a skin-toned neutral lip colors which I am just over the moon about now that I can achieve them through mixing liptars. 



For those who haven't heard of liptars, here's the skinny. They are highly pigmented, long-lasting quality liquid lipsticks by Obessive Complusive Cosmetics. They are 100% Vegan, cruelty-free, and paraben-free. They come in squeeze tubes and are meant to be blended together for a plethora of shade variations.

If you want to know more about liptars follow here for all the details.
 
 


O.C.C. Obsessive Complusive Cosmetics Liptar review Marion Memento blend O.C.C. Obsessive Complusive Cosmetics Liptar review Marion Memento blend on lips
 My favorite rosey neutral! This is Marion and Memento blended together.  Memento by itself is a bright rose pink and because my skin tone has pink and yellow undertones (aka I'm not as fair), I use Marion to bring Memento's color down a few shades darker to better complement my skin color. If you have darker tones, you can try mixing more Marion into the blend. If you're very fair to begin with, Memento by itself would suffice as it is described as a medium-toned pink.

I do use lip balm prior to applying these and while I don't usually have feathering issues, it seems to be pretty common so priming your lips with a lip liner is also recommended.



O.C.C. Obsessive Complusive Cosmetics Liptar review Hush on lipsO.C.C. Obsessive Complusive Cosmetics Liptar review Memento on lips
[left to right] Hush and Memento. Hush is way too light on me by itself. I could wear Memento as is. And I have to apologize for the color of these three photos. It irks me to no end that I didn't realize my camera on automatic settings. When it's on auto, the white balance isn't accurate and makes everything look more yellow.


 O.C.C. Obsessive Complusive Cosmetics Liptar review Marion on lips
 Marion. I could wear this as is. It's a delicious-looking orangy nude brown.


O.C.C. Obsessive Complusive Cosmetics Liptar review Marion Hush Memento swatch
Marion, Hush, Memento Swatches. Larger view available.



O.C.C. Obsessive Complusive Cosmetics Liptar review Marion Hush blendO.C.C. Obsessive Complusive Cosmetics Liptar review Marion Hush blend on lips
This is Marion blended with Hush. I love this skin-toned beige. When I say skin-toned, I mean skin-toned compared to my own lips. It has just enough pink to be very close to my natural lip color. I could wear this with nearly any makeup look. I think this is overall a very flexible blend that will look beautiful on gals of any skin tone everywhere. If you aleady have these two liptars, be sure to blend them and try it on!
 


There you have it. My three favorite neutrals. These always find their way into my makeup pouch because they'll go with any look if I ever wanted or needed some lip color. Again, I'm not big on lipstick in general because I don't like ingesting this stuff which frankly is evitable unless you bring along makeup remover but that itself is problematic. I do find it very entertaining to be able to mix my own liptar colors for "new" creations.

Retails for $18 USD per color
Where to buy: O.C.C. online and at their authorized dealers locally or online. Check OCC's website for a full list.

More OCC Blends Here:

Anime and Marion Review and Blend

Hush, Memento, and Clockwork Review and Blends 

Ingredients

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Oil, Mentha X Peprita (Peppermint) Oil, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Stearalkonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate
May Contain: Silica Dimethyl Silylate, D&C Red #6, D&C Red #7, D&C Red #27, D&C Red #30, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Yellow #6, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Love it! Live it! Makeup Reviews © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects